Thursday, June 3, 2010



How often I lingered in a hollow
                                         Shadow
A          striking platitude of
            The mind
Encompassed by all,
            Composed of no-
thing    .
feeding it words,
the noxious ink, it’s
fearless
            shadow
marks, distinct.
Catching on my sides, slipping,seeping
Tripping, and fallen, unhandleable
                            Form
Speaking in fervid arcane tounges,
Choked with ghostly flesh,
Concrete: no prospects,
            Lingering in pen
    Holds– Eternity.




In this piece I assumed the philosophy of the Black Mountain poets, and allowed my own breath, at the instant, to arise into script form. Whether it be because I have read an extensive amount of modern projectivist poetry recently, or perhaps because I'm naturally inclined to illustrate my intentions in as many dimensions as possible, the form that the verse assumed is reflection or a representation of the manner in which Black Mountain poets expressed themselves in verse form. To intertwine a visual aspect within the same ‘instant’ the following painting was created as an expression of an entity in breath and life that reflects from the organic aspects of the reality of perceptions that spawned the poem. 






No comments:

Post a Comment